Monday, May 3, 2010

It's a baby shower!

I've got BIG news! I mean BIG!


I'm going to be an AUNTIE! I found out just two weeks ago while I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the toilet and bathroom floor of our old townhouse (I know, sorry for not sharing the news earlier - it's been a very hectic past couple of weeks... hence my absence. Sorry!). Imagine that news while doing that daunting and not-so-fun task! I was pretty excited, and it lifted my mood a bit.

So now it's a shower to plan! We started talking about it already - thinking about who we're going to invite, decor, etc., etc. Well, with my parents living in Mississippi and my sister and I and most of our family living in Minnesota and Wisconsin, we're thinking a post-baby shower is the way to go. That way everyone gets to see the little guy (or girl... that's what I'm hoping for!) and my mom will be around for it. Also, according to the various Internet calendars (she hasn't had her doctors appointment yet), she's due New Year's Eve, which means Christmas is a week before and we all know how stressful and busy the holidays can be!!! A post-baby shower is probably the best way to go!

My goal to get GREAT ideas for her shower is to feature a different baby shower each week. So if you have found a baby shower that you're just gah-gah over, please, send it my way! I'd love to feature it! (and place it in my baby shower ideas folder!!) If you just love looking at parties, like I do, make sure you check out my blog weekly!

I'll start these features soon - as I have to find some still! I'm heading on vacation tomorrow night, so I'll try to post some early next week. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. awww congrats!!!
    love showers!
    cant wait to see all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!! you can stop over at my blog and peek through the baby shower inspiration section!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete