Thursday, June 17, 2010

Team Barbie





As some of you readers may already know, my grandmother was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, which is a form of bone cancer, this past January. Since then she's had many doctor appointments, many tests and many treatments. Because her body's been taking these treatments so well, she hasn't even had to do any chemo! What a blessing!

I did some research and found that there is a "Race for Research" 5K run/walk event being put on by the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF), a non-profit organization that helps raise money to fund Multiple Myeloma research. Because my grandma has been so incredibly brave with attempting to overcome this disease, I've decided that I'm going to toughen up and run this race! I've never ran a 5K before - and to be completely honest, I'm not a very good runner. But if she can brave through cancer treatment, I think I can brave through a 3.1 mile race!

With that said - I've registered to be a participant for the event... which means I've got to get myself in the gym and training!!! I'm trying to put together a team to represent my grandma, Barb... our team name? Well "Team Barbie" of course! So far our team includes myself, the boy, my sister and my brother-in-law.

I plan to make t-shirts for each group member of Team Barbie. To help raise additional money for MMRF I'm hoping host a small fundraiser and to sell some logo space on the t-shirts. I've never hosted a fundraiser before... so if you have any suggestions - PLEASE let me hear 'em!

If you're interested in placing your logo on a shirt, please contact me! Or if you're interested in sponsoring "Team Barbie" in the MMRF Race for Research, click the link here. For t-shirt sponsorship information, please email me at simplystunningideas@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment