Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Real Party: Black, White and Purple Baby Shower

I saw this Black, White and Purple baby shower on Half Baked - The Cake Blog and just fell in love!  The shower was thrown for Carrie, the genius behind the Half Baked blog.

One of the main elements I loved most was how gender-friendly it was - meaning both the ladies and the men could join in the baby shower fun!  My second favorite element was that it wasn't too over the top cutesy baby!

Let's start with the invitation - it's just too stinkin' cute. The hosts purchased the invites from Tiny Prints (they have some cute invites on their web site - you should check out their site, too!) I love that it included both a pregnant female silhouette alongside a daddy-to-be silhouette... nothing like welcoming the guys to join in the festivities on the invitations!  The couples friends incorporated those silhouettes throughout the entire party, including the favors and other printables.





Like I mentioned above, I loved that this wasn't too over the top baby-related.  You'll see the only game they played was "Guess that baby food".  (I'm super picky, so I don't know how much I'd like that game!)  Also, the favors that were given to each guest were custom hand soaps with the baby's due date printed on them.

Don't you just love the diapers inside the hurricane vase?  A simpler (and cheaper) pick over the diaper cake?!  I think they're on to something here!

If you're interested in reading more about this gorgeous baby shower, head over to the Half Baked blog.  While you're there, check out her other fabulous parties... she doesn't disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment