Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Easy Peasy Valentine's Treat-sey

While working on my post for today's edition of Wedding Wednesday, I kind of got the munchies... and then I remembered this yummy and easy Valentine's day recipe I found last year before Valentine's Day!

I came across this simple little Valentine's treat on Make and Takes and never got around to sharing it (at least, I don't think I did!).  You see, I'm a lover of popcorn, and with chocolate added, well let's just say this recipe sang to me. {Really, it did.}

So are you intrigued yet?  Are you licking your lips with excitement and anxiousness?? I am.

OK - I'll give you the low down... and a peak at the finished product!


What you'll need to make this treat:

- 8 cups popped popcorn (microwave or air-popped)
- 1 cup melted white candies (or any color - make it festive and use pink and red for Valentine's Day!)
- 1 cup m&m candies
- large mixing bowl
- spoons for mixin'

Directions:

1. Prepare popcorn and pour into the large bowl.
2. Melt white candies and pour over the top of the popcorn

3. While chocolate is still hot/warm, throw m&m's in bowl and mix until they're even distributed throughout mix.



4. Let sit at room temperature for a few hours, or throw in the fridge for about 20 minutes, until the chocolate is hardened.
5.  Enjoy .... OR .... put some in cute Valentine's themed cellophane bags with a cute ribbon and send it off with your Valentine(s)!


See - I told it was easy peasy!  I'll definitely be trying this out for Valentine's Day treats!

1 comment: