Monday, April 18, 2011

Business Confusion

There's nothing worse than putting all of your thoughts, ideas and hard work into a business name only to find out that name is already taken. My bad business news of the week came last Monday evening when I opened an email to find that the business name "CK Events" has been trademarked by a company in Indiana.  While there is no one to blame but myself, it's such a frustrating discovery because my blog and Facebook page come up as 2 of the top 3 results in a Goggle search. UGH.  I should mention - I did research the business name on the Minnesota Registered Business name site... AND I searched the internet for the company name - nothing popped up on either.  So I thought I was smooth sailing {I guess I should have done more homework}.

So... I'm starting to get myself focused on some rebranding.  I'm just thankful this whole trademark thing popped up now before I announced the premier of my web site and revamp of the CK Events logo.  So for now, I apologize for the lack of posts - it might be a slow process of getting back into the swing of things.  I've been trying to get everything switched so that I'm not longer infringing a trademark.  Bear with me... we'll have the new web site and branding up soon... so give us your thoughts and please stick around with us during the transition!  We'll announce a NEW business name and web site soon... I hope you'll join us in the new journey!  :)

Happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment