Friday, July 29, 2011

Featured Vendor: Seamless Paperie

We haven't done a Featured Vendor post in quite some time, and I really loved the series so I wanted to bring it back. So, let's roll!

This weeks featured vendor is Courtney from Seamless Paperie.  Courtney's work is just amazing - she has such a unique style for the invitation and stationery industry, with designs that include everything from contemporary to elegant.

Courtney of Seamless Paperie is definitely a busy-body when it comes to her businesses - Seamless Paperie and Seamless Creative.  Always the artsy type, with an added interested in typography, Courtney began designing stationery and invitations for herself and friends, which then bloomed into a business when she started receiving design requests from strangers.  Courtney first started her branding and design company, Seamless Creative, and followed it up with her stationery and invitation design company, Seamless Paperie.   Read on to learn more about Courtney and her work.


~ * ~

How did you come up with your business name?
My branding and design company, Seamless Creative, already existed. So in order to keep the companies consistent, it was a simple decision to go with Seamless Paperie. In terms of the original "Seamless" name, it all grew out of  the idea that design is literally a part of everything I do and how I see the world.

What inspires you and your work?
Everything around me, from old signage to nature to popular culture.

What do you love most about your job?
Even though the general process is the same, every project has an entirely different outcome, so it's never boring.

What is one thing you wish every client knew/did that would make your job easier in assisting them?
That the design process is just that—a process. To get the best result it requires collaboration, patience and clear communication.

 What is your ultimate goal/dream for your business or professional life?
To have my hand in lots of different things—blogging, more long-term branding and stationery projects, paper products for sale—and to be in a position to initiate personal art and design projects as well.

If you weren't a graphic designer/stationery and invitation designer, what would your dream job be?
Design is so intrinsic to who I am that I can't imagine doing anything that didn't have ties to art or design. I've always said that I'd love to be an interior designer in another life. At the moment, my current jobs and responsibilities prevent me from devoting as much time to that as I'd like to in my own home. But hopefully that will change in the near future!

What advice and/or tips would you give to people looking to start their own business adventure?  What did you find helpful when starting out?  What were the most difficult obstacles to overcome?
For me, it really grew out of a passion for what I do. You have to put so much energy into starting and running a business, that it's an absolute necessity to have a love for the work. Otherwise, you'll burn out before you even get off the ground.
My biggest challenge by far, is balance. Fitting in all of the duties involved in running a business with my personal life is definitely something I struggle with on a daily basis. I'm constantly trying to figure out what I can do to make any necessary tasks less time-consuming, so that I have more time for family, friends and relaxation. It's a work in progress, for sure.

Just for fun:

What are five things you simply can't live without?
1. My husband, friends and family. (counting that as 1!)
2. The internet (it is essential to everything I do these days).
3. Apple (the company and all of their products).
4. A sketchbook (I use the Behance Dot Grid sketchbook).
5. Naps! (I take naps far more often than I probably should admit)


What is your favorite color scheme at the moment?
This is a tough one! I love color, so I have a new favorite every day.  But I can never resist a palette of turquoise, royal, teal, lime and kelly green.  I always gravitate toward that blue-green color family.

What is your favorite time of the year to design stationery and invites?
This isn't a time of year I've actually designed for already, but I would love to design for less common occasions - events like a family reunion, an anniversary party, or even an unusual holiday for invitations, like the 4th of July.

What trends are you seeing in the invitation/stationery industry lately?
Less formality, which in my opinion, is great.  It's awesome to see so many couples embracing more colorful and modern designs and themes.


~ * ~


As I mentioned above, Courtney has a great eye and style for everyone's taste.  Check out some of her favorite collections that she designed for past clients.  I bet it's hard for you to pick a favorite!
























If you are interested in checking out more of Courtney's work - check out her web sites and follow her on Facebook and Twitter:



Thanks, Courtney, for letting us interview you and show off your gorgeous work!


If you would like to a Featured Vendor on the Cammi Lee Events blog, send us an email and we can chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment